This what The Basque Market in Boise offers you for Wednesday, February 24th at 6:00pm local time in Boise:
The Basque Market's Kroketa Cooking Class
Ingredient pick up: Tuesday February 23rd and Wednesday February 24th, Noon to 5 pm.
Join us to learn how to make kroketas: delicious bites of love! Creamy Bechamel studded with your choice of flavor…from the popular local favorite —chicken— to the traditional Jamon Serrano OR…. one of our new flavors like chorizo or mushroom!
The sky is the limit with this great class!
$40 per device (I.e. one computer sign-in)
Pick up your ingredients ahead of time at The Basque Market. Includes instruction, recipe and main ingredients to make:
– One yummy batch of piquillo pepper and cheese kroketas
– Prepared chorizo masa
– Four take-n-bake croquetas
– Four ready-to-fry croquetas
You will need to have on hand:
– 2 ½ cups milk – preferably whole or 2%
– 1-2 eggs
– Salt (to taste)
– 10” saute pan
– Small sauce pan – to hold 2 cups
– Wood spoon
– Plastic wrap
– Small sheet pan/baking sheet
– 4 cup shallow glass or plastic container
– Electric, gas or induction burner or cooktop
– 425-degree oven
You will also need a way to fry your kroketas!
– Option 1: Small 8-10” saute pan and enough canola or other vegetable oil to fill 1”
– Option 2: Deep fryer with appropriate amount of canola
or vegetable oil for your appliance
– Option 3: Air fryer (if you use an air fryer, the 425-degree oven is optional)
Additional Wine Pairing — $15
Four Basque or Spanish wines – you provide the glass, and we will share tasting notes and a bit about the wines.