Reno, Nevada, USA. September 30th is the deadline to submit your work to the 2021 Basque Writing Contest at the University Of Nevada, Reno. Works in English that have not been published, or that are not in the process of being so, are eligible. The theme is all things related to Basque culture, the Basques in the world, or any other related topic having to do with Basque. Contest results will be published in November.
The William A. Douglass Center for Basque Studies (CBS) at the University Of Nevada, Reno, and the Basque Studies Program at Boise State University (BSU) co-organize the contest. The deadline for submissions is September 30th at 6pm (PST).
- First Prize: $500 worth of titles by the CBS press and publication consideration of the work
- Second Prize: $125 in titles from the CBS Press and publication consideration
- Third Prize: Complete set of Basque Classics as well as publication consideration
- Submissions must be original and unpublished manuscripts
- Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or printed on hard copy and more than 10,000 words and less than 100,000 words
- Submissions should be clearly identified and accompanied by a cover letter (or email) that includes the entrant’s name and contact information. No contact information should be included on the actual submission.
- Entries will not be returned. Please only submit copies.
- Submissions can be in any genre, including but not limited to: literary fiction, short story collections, creative nonfiction, memoir and children’s literature.
Submissions can be made by emailing email@example.com or by mail to:
Center for Basque Studies
University of Nevada, Reno / MS 2322
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557-2322